I desire to uphold and facilitate the healing environments where which patients and families are the core of my simulation education practice.  My intention is to empower the interprofessional healthcare relationships that direct vision, purpose, remove barriers and consistently regard patients, families and coworkers as their upmost priority.  I wish to celebrate and honor my coworker’s accomplishments and successes in healthcare simulation and nursing education.  I resolve to comply with the applicable laws and accepted ethical standards as identified by the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) to advance the science of simulation education utilizing evidence based practice to provide guidelines for simulation practice and for the healthcare profession at large.  I desire to uphold the use of adult theory to facilitate the framework from which simulation education has its foundation in.  I wish to moderate my educational and interpersonal activities honorably and fairly amongst my colleagues and learners that I interact with.  I resolve to seek the presence of myself first and be prepared to stage and debrief scenarios.  I wish to evaluate and give feedback concerning the debriefing delivery of my peers to promote the highest standards of debriefing.  I desire to see the nurse or healthcare member in training, as a person first and as a learner second.  I intend to hold forth the standards of the INACSL in the renewal and development of a simulation program.  I aspire to provide a psychologically hospitable environment for which students may freely learn in and reflect upon their present and future practice.  My commitment to simulation education is exampled by my seeking the recognition of excellence that is verified with the certified healthcare simulation educator certification.  I desire to provide for a collaborative, interprofessional environment from which my peers and students may learn from.  I resolve to foster an environment committed to provide the public with safe and quality care. My desire is to tailor the simulation for an educational program based on the identified educational objectives directed by the institution’s curriculum and honor the guiding consortium that oversee the simulation educational programs development regarding the international simulation standards of INACSL.  It is my intention to be a financial steward of the budget that is appropriated and spend within the allotted budget of the simulation program.  I intend to solicit the community stakeholders that directly benefit from having the simulation program for financial support as approved by the institution.  I endeavor to keep abreast of low cost ways to provide simulation education experiences to the learners I am accountable for.

Upon obtaining my certified healthcare simulation certification I intend to keep current and recertify by portfolio.  I resolve to advocate for the expansion of simulation in nursing, hospital, and interprofessional education as an educator and writer.  It is my desire to be an example of compassionate care to patients and families.  I value simulation education as an essential component to the healthcare delivery system in preparing the nursing and interdisciplinary healthcare workforce.  I desire to be a role model of a reflective nursing practice and empower students in their present and lifelong reflective learning journeys.