My story higher education story begins in May of 1985 when I graduated from Nampa High School, Nampa, ID.  I had been accepted to Boise State and was looking forward to attending in the fall.  Attending was easy, keeping up with the work was the difficult part.  Because I was, at the time, the first person in my family to attend college, I didn't have the guidance I needed to understand how different college was from high school.  Not that that was anyone's fault, I should have been mature enough to figure that out.  I didn't and because I was more interested in the "college life" and all that it had too offer vs. the college education, I was put on academic probation.  I left college after that semester broken in spirit and in pride and I began life.

Fast forward to 2010 when I began the process again of working on my college education. Once again I was accepted to Boise State and in January of 2011 I began attending. This time much older and wiser and a much better understanding of what I needed to accomplish for myself.  Because I live and work in Canyon County, communting the the Boise campus isn't really an option, I attended classes here.  When BSU decided they would no longer continue classes in Canyon County, I had to scramble to figure out a plan.  I enrolled at TVCC to finish my core classes in hopes that when that was complete, I could finish my degree at BSU.  Which brings us to today.  I completed my Associates in Business in June 2015 and I'm excited to say that I'm working on my Bachelors degree online.  

It may have taken me 25 years to return to school and 4 years to recieve my 2 year degree, but, life happens and I work full time.  However, I'm trying to set an example to people that even though life happens and no matter what your age, you can still obtain those things you are willing to work for.