BUSBTC 310 Creating Value with People
Develops the competencies required to lead and manage people in a variety of contexts. Topics include organizational behavior, team building, conflict management, motivation, negotiation, career development strategies, and ethical decision making.
The major project I worked on for this class was a team and group process analysis paper for Murie Design Group, a graphic design company in downtown Boise, Idaho. I worked on this project by myself because this course didn't have the team option. My responsibilities for this project included coordinating with employees at Murie Design Group to gather information and then researching information myself explain everything I did in the paper. Below is the embedded publicly hosted Google Document containing the orgnaization behavior paper I contributed to. Feel free to check it out! And let me know what you think.
By the end of the program you will be able to:
- Explain how business functions interact to create value.
- Interpret and convert financial and other data into relevant information to solve common business problems.
- Communicate professionally with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate respectfully with diverse team members to execute projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the following responsible business practices: financial sustainability, social responsibility, and environmental sustainability.
I believe that I did accomplish the goals mentioned above. I learned about how team and group processes are handled at Murie, and what they could do differently. Althought I didn't work with financial data in this class, I was exposed to it in BUSBTC 302. I communicated with a variety of stakeholders in order to complete this paper. I wasn't on a team, but I did collaborate with employees at Murie. And now I definitely feel like I have more of an understanding regarding business practice in general.
In case it's not easy enough to use the embedded webpage, feel free to go to the corrsponding URL instead :)