BS Engineering Major Senior graduating December 2019
Boise State University, Boise, ID
AAS degree in Computer Drafting and Design, September 2005
ITT Technical Institute, Boise, ID
Lead Plan Designer/Started as a Civil Engineering Intern, Indie Dwell Inc., Boise ID, February 2018-Present
Development and production of an innovative housing concept. Design and permit modular homes made from recycled shipping containers. Create civil plans using records of survey, deeds, and GIS. Manage multiple projects with competing deadlines. Use Architecture to create foundation and framing plans, plan and profiles and architectural details. Develop and submit designs for approval with city and state government departments. Manage site construction and inspect assembly line. QA/QC deliverables from engineering contracts. Fluent in reading and interpreting mechanical, electrical, plumbing and structural plans. Evaluate building envelop for compliance with IECC using REScheck. Develop and enforce company construction standards. Mentor design interns.
Teaching Assistant, Boise State University, Boise ID, September – December 2017
Taught three sections of the Civil Engineering Land Surveying Lab (CE 211) Fall Semester 2017. Worked 20 hours a week as a teaching assistant for CE 211, Engineering Survey Lab while attending school full time. I taught an interactive course to 70 students, labs were structured around the use of total stations, auto levels and digital theodolites. I taught three sections and mentored a graduate student that lead the other two sections of the course.
Internship, Boise Bicycle Project, Boise ID, February 2017 – May 2017
Partnered with multiple community groups including Treasure Valley Safe Routes to Schools, the Boise School District, and Agency for New Americans to develop and deploy “The Max Mobile Bicycle Repair” service at scattered sites in Boise and Garden City.
Sorensen Investments LLC., Boise ID, January 2007-Present
Real-estate management including facilities maintenance, construction, design and remodel of residential and commercial buildings, customer accounting, contract management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgeting, residential and commercial leasing.
Technician, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) II—Idaho Power Co., Boise ID, Jan 2005 – June 2016
- Work collaboratively on multidisciplinary projects that involve multiple stakeholders;
- Work with customers to develop 3D infrastructure models that are used to create realistic simulations, video renderings, maps, and exhibits;
- Gained high proficiency using applications in the Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite, Civil 3D, Global Mapper, Memento, Arc GIS, SketchUp, InfraWorks, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Middleton Lansing—3D video and image simulations of a proposed transmission line near City Hall;
- Boardman 2 Hemingway (B2H)—3D simulations for Bombing Range Road and La Grande Oregon, simulations helped move the project forward;
- FERC Licensing Exhibit G's—Created project boundaries and legal documentation for hydro facilities based upon historic land records and elevation models: Upper Salmon, Lower Salmon, Bliss, Shoshone Falls, Swan Falls;
- Compliance Analyst—system and process analysis, writing investigative reports, interpreting and applying regulatory rules set by FERC, NERC, WECC and Idaho Power, communication findings from compliance violations and business solutions to all management levels (2011);
- Commuteride May In Motion Alternative Transportation Coordinator 2015 (Gold).
- Taught a course, GS3419: Using InfraWorks to Win Stakeholders Approvals, December 2013
- Featured on CE News “Get to ‘Yes’ Faster with Agency and Community Stakeholders”
- Initiated and authored Technical Requirements for Land Surveying—received Excellence Award 2012
Construction Management—Idaho Power Co., Boise, ID March 2007 – June 2008
- Cross-trained position, responsible for site design and construction to meet license requirements, budget constraints, and project deadlines.
- FERC Project No. 1975-014 Bliss Dam Recreational Site Improvements:
- Coordinated design and construction of recreational facility with power plant and re-licensing personnel based on concept plans;
- Conducted site analysis and surveys for preparation of contract and permit documents, preparation and submission of EPA Notice of Intent (NOI) and Idaho Department of Lands encroachment permit applications and follow-up through permit authorization. Prepared construction contract bid drawings and specifications, including storm water pollution prevention plan;
- Conducted on-site construction and documented daily inspections.
- FERC Project No. 2055-010 BLM Cove Recreation Site Improvements:
- Created executable irrigation system design and selecting native plant species for the BLM;
- Coordinated design and contracts with IPC’s Supply Chain department and specialty contractors;
- Conducted on-site inspections and documentation of ongoing construction.
- Harvard Business School Online (HBX CORe), 2017
- Leadership Boise, Class 2015-2017
- Benevon non-profit fund-raising, 2014-2015
- NeighborWorks America NTI Training: ED215 So You Think You Want to Start a Social Enterprise (2016), AM121 Nuts and Bolts of Asset Management (2016), CB140: Strong Coalitions: Building on Common Interests (2014), ML109: Developing Your Leadership Potential (2014), ED160: Financing Community Economic Development (2014)
- Neighborhood Rep-Veterans Park Neighborhood Association, Boise, ID (12/2008-2017) Previous positions include President, Vice President, Board Member.
- Past Board President (current)-NeighborWorks Boise, Boise, ID (05/09-Present)
Previous positions include President (2015) Vice President (2014) Secretary (2013) Real-estate Committee Chair (2012-Present). Received national Dorothy Richardson Resident Leadership Award in 2016.