My goal in teaching is to be a physical education teacher in a high school, and a hockey coach, either within the school itself, or outside of it. My ultimate goal is to either be a full time coach, or move my way up through the school system and become an athletic director. My focus for the time being is to graduate with my degree in kinesiology with an emphasis on physical education.

I am interested in teaching physical education, because I like to help young people live a more active, and healthy life. I would also like to get students more interested in joining a sport, whether it is recreational or competitive. I think everyone student should try a sport at some point in high school. My goal as a physical education teacher would be to get students to join a sport, who might not have thought about joining before.

Coaching is my true passion. I love the game of hockey, and passing my love of the game on to the next generation of players. Teaching the skills needed to move players on to the next level, and knowing that I played a role in the lives, and success of young players give me a great sense of satisfaction, and joy. I give my time back to the community, because I know all the coaches that coached me did the same thing, and I believe it is my duty to do the same.

I grew up in Anchorage, Alaska. I played competitive hockey through middle, and high school. Once I graduated I played junior hockey in Seattle, Washington until I aged out at 21. When I was finished with hockey I decided to go back to school, so I enrolled in South Puget Sound Community College, where I gradated with my associate in arts degree. At the same time I was attending SPSCC, I was also coaching tier 2 youth hockey in Tacoma, Washington. After three years of coaching and school I decided to move to Boise to attend BSU, and try out for the schools hockey team. That is where I am today, trying to get my Bachelors in Kinesiology, and playing hockey for Boise State University.