Hello, there.

My name is Michelle Headrick. I am a Boise native and I live in the north end with my husband and puppy dog, Stanley. I love trail running, wine, and travel. 

I have a career that spans over twenty years of supply chain and information technology experience. I currrently work as a consultant and Product Owner developing large scale technology solutions. one of my clients is the National Interagecy Fire Center here in Boise working with the Forest Service, DOI, BLM and other government organizations to build a solution for providing critical resources to fight wildland fires across the United States and Canada.

I am a lifelong learner and am genuinely interested in a wide array of subjects. I love technology, business, statistics, economics - even accounting! I also love writing, literature, art, art history, theater and interior design. I took a special topics course in Design Thinking a few years ago and was absolutely fascinated. Sometimes I think I should become a lawyer, or an architect, or a teacher. So, I have no shortage of interest in a lot of different topics. There is so much opportunity to learn more about the world, I hope that I will never loose my need to build knowlege.

Data is my day job. I enjoy looking at businesses and organizations from at all levels. Big picture aggregations that drill all the way down into the operational weeds. I genuinely enjoy trying to solve problems and help people find more efficient ways to ask questions and more elegant solutions to answer them.

I don't regret making the decision to go back to school, but it's very difficult to balance my work with my academic life. I have landed my dream job, so there is no career carrot for me to finish school. I am doing this out of a love of knowlege and a desire to finish what I started.  

I've worked my entire adult life, and I've usually been lucky enough to find some bit of passion in every job that I have had. When I was twenty I had the opportunity to help implement an ERP. That job required extensive travel at a time that on-line courses didn't exist, and I made the decision to leave school. I learned so much those years about how a business functions, how a huge project gets successfully implemented, the basics of information technology. As painful as it can be when I am exhausted from a day at work to spend the entire night working on homework, I can't bring myself to regret making that decision. I've taken classes sporadically since then, but now it is time to finish what I started all those many years ago.