Utah State University
Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist
Job Title: Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist
Department: Nursing and Health Professions
Work Location: Utah
Employee Category: Full-Time
Work Schedule: 1.0 FTE
Reports to: Sandra Nadelson
Percent Employment: 100%
Supervised by: Sandra Nadelson
The Simulation Operations Specialist position entails management, support and user training for all hardware and software associated simulation (Clinical Skills and Sims Capture). This position provides high quality support by displaying sound judgment, accuracy, diplomacy, confidentiality, and discretion.
Proficient in Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Have a working knowledge of website administration is a plus. Medical background desired, but not required.
- Job Duties:
The Simulation Operations Specialist role consisting of the following description of job responsibilities and standards is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job in order of importance, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Standardized Patient
- Create and distribute student and patient schedules for testing
- Request and supervise exam room set-up/take-down
- Proctor SP exams utilizing B-Line software
- Linen delivery to cleaners and pick-up
Small Group Review
- Reservation and set-up of Small Group Rooms or similar rooms when not available.
- Assign, and distribute student and faculty grader schedules
- Assist with troubleshooting as needed
- High-Fidelity Simulation
- Create and distribute student and faculty schedules for simulation
- Reservation of skills area/rooms
- Assist in set-up and cleanup of simulation activities
- Assist as Simulation Operator on an as needed basis
- Set-up manikins for high-fidelity simulations and other sims
- Maintain high-fidelity manikins and computer systems
- Procedural Skills
- Create and distribute student and faculty schedules for procedural skills
- Reservation of skills area/rooms
- Assist in set-up and cleanup of lab and check-off activities
- Monitor testing stations during skill exams
- Maintain and service partial task trainers
- Assist in compiling grades and survey data
- Inventory Management
- Management of supploes and stock items utilizing online inventory management system
- Notify Directors when supplies need to be ordered
- Simulation Center Tours
- Assist department with Simulation Center Tours
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist facilities as required
- Answer simulation center phones and greet visitors as needed
Goal: Eligibility for Simulation Certification
- Required Qualifications:
Education: High School Graduate
Licensure or certification: N/A
Other skills important to this position:
Learning Management Systems (Canvas)
Laerdal Graphical User Interface
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Strong team player
Commitment to company values
Basic computer proficiency
- Preferences: Although not essential, preferences may be given to applicants who have the following skills or attributes. Computer skills, interpersonal and team skills, strong values, knowledge and skills need for high fidelity simulation.
- Working Conditions and Efforts: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands and vision for office equipment such as computers; talk or hear; moderate telephone usage. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work environment: Office environment. Outside travel required 10% of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Utah State University core values: The employee is expected to adhere to all USU Policies and procedures.
Content of this job description was borrowed heavily form the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine in Virginia and Carolinas.